The requirements on ultrasonic inspection systems are steadily rising with the advance of the technological evolution known as »Industry 4.0« –a term that describes a multitude of technical measures to enable controlled processes instead of inspected processes. Requests include the adaptability to a large number of different application scenarios, steadily increasing sampling and data transfer rates while concurrently enhancing signal quality. Furthermore, the flexible and prompt integration of the inspection systems into existing customer production lines is essential.
UNIUS is Fraunhofer IZFP‘s solution for technical challenges addressed to current single-channel ultrasound inspection systems.
UNIUS is a versatile, high-performance, single-channel ultrasound board covering a multitude of customer applications (defect inspection, prove of purity level, etc.) out of the box. The system is available as benchtop model and as a mobile and sturdy variant in form of an industrial notebook compliant with the IP65 protection rating. Additionally, UNIUS can easily be integrated into customer-specific systems for manual or automated inspections by using the ITK software interface.
The option of application-specific firmware adaptations tailored to the customers’ demands completes the UNIUS service portfolio.
• Power supply: 12 V ±10%, 9 W – 14 W
• ADC: 14 Bit at 240 MSamples / s sampling rate
• 128 kSamples sampling depth
• up to 511 averages
• Echo-start function
• 100 dB dynamic range
• 22 MHz analog bandwidth
• 2:1 multiplexed receiver channel, enabling
T/R or I/E operation
• up to 8 analog input filters (5 onboard + 3 pluggable)
• Run-time-dependent gain correction TGC
256 sampling points, 95 dB dynamics
Dipl.-Ing. Tobias Müller
Phone: +49 (0) 681 / 9767153
Fax: +49 (0) 681 / 9767158
• onboard transmitter topology: rectangle, negative,
• Adjustable onboard transmission voltage up to 300 V
optional external supply up to 500 V
• shot repetition rate up to 10 kHz
• Flexibly configurable I/O ports
to control external components, etc.
• USB 3.0 port for plug-and-play connection with
host PC, e.g. as a laboratory system
• Proprietary optical interface, e.g. for industrial
applications in electromagnetically polluted environments
• 128 MByte internal data cache for rapid measurements
• Inclusion in different frameworks
(C++, C#, LabView, etc.) via integration toolkit (ITK)