With the increasing use of Phased Array inspection methods in industrial applications, the need for ultrasound inspection devices implementing conventional Phased Array processing (hardware-based focusing) as well as software-based technologies (e.g. Sampling Phased Array, Total Focusing, Full Matrix Capture) is growing fast, too. At the same time, single channel inspection systems are also still in demand. Both types of systems are expected to be of high performance, scalable to the specific inspection problem and easy to integrate into the customers’ infrastructure.
The OPTUS / ETHUS platform developed by Fraunhofer IZFP is a modular and scalable multi-channel inspection system. It covers the entire spectrum of customer requirements as it can be operated in conventional Phased Array mode as well as in multichannel mode with synchronous channels. It even features a mixed-mode configuration. All modes offer numerous options of hardware-based data processing (gates, TD, A-Scan) and the option of positional system triggering. The system can be easily integrated into customer-specific hardware and software infrastructures as it supports different data interfaces and features a versatile software driver layer (ITK).
OPTUS / ETHUS is optimized for industrial use in automated inspection applications that require phased array functionality and/or a large number of single channels at high inspection cycle repetition rates.
In comparison to the standard 19” chassis plug-in version, this sturdy frontend version additionally offers a solution for near-sensor assembly. Due to the fact that it supports established software frameworks (C++, C#, LabView), the integration toolkit facilitates the embedding of the system into customer-specific inspection systems.
• Power supply 19‘‘ chassis: 230 VAC
• Frontend version: 24 VDC
• ADC: 14 Bit at a sampling rate of 80 MSamples/s
• 64 kSamples sampling depth per channel
• Up to 16 simultaneously active channels
• Echo-start function for every single channel
• Gate processing, up to 4 gates (overlap is possible)
• HF data, A-scan or compressed TD data
• Phased Array online summation with up to 16 channels
• 100 dB dynamic range
• 18 MHz analog bandwidth
• 8:1 multiplexed receiver channel enable
connection of up to 128 probes
• 2 analog input filters
• Run-time-dependent gain correction TGC
256 sampling points, 95 dB dynamics
• Onboard transmitter topology: Rectangle, negative
• Transmission voltage 130 V at 50 Ohms
• Shot repetition rate up to 10 kHz
• Flexibly configurable I/O ports
to control external components, etc.
• 128 MByte internal data cache for rapid measurements
• Communication interface, standard Ethernet 1 Gbit/s
or 100 Mbit/s, alternatively USB 3.0 or proprietary
• Integration into different frameworks
(C++, C#, LabView, etc.) via integration toolkit (ITK)
Dipl.-Ing. Tobias Müller
Phone: + 49 (0) 681/9767153
Fax: + 49 (0) 681/9767158